DIY Pom Pom Beach Hat

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Here's another DIY for ya'll! As you can tell, I've had a lot of free time on my hands this week. I've been wanting to make something fun for the Fourth of July, and I'm so happy with how this beach hat turned out. It was super easy and cheap to make. Keep reading to figure out what I did!


You'll need:


colored poms (red, white, & blue)



Originally, when I was at Michael's, I couldn't decide what size poms I wanted. So I purchased a large set of red, white, & blue and I purchased 3 packs of the smaller poms because they didn't come pre-packed. I ultimately decided to go with the smaller poms because I didn't want them to overpower the hat.


So, I'm a perfectionist. I had to line up all the poms first to make sure of the spacing and make sure the colors matched up when I got around to the other side of the hat. Ya'll may be better at just eyeing it than I am, but this just reassured me that it would look good before I started gluing and there was no going back. 



And... here's the finished product! I think it looks great and I can't wait to rock it this weekend at the beach. 


I'm actually thinking about making a similar hat for my Bachelorette Trip in a few months! What do ya'll think? It would even be cute for all the girls coming to have a similar black one! Can you say photo-op??

Thanks for reading!!





1 comment:

  1. What an adorable DIY! I love the pom pom trend, but can't bare myself to spend money on it for some reason. Definitly going to give this DIY a try and experiment with different colors!
    xoxo
    Amy | Pastel N Pink

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)